Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Happy holidays everyone! My Christmas started last weekend with a trip to Stevens Point to visit my family. It was somewhat of a Norman Rockwell Christmas as we gathered at my sisters house and her daughter brought out her flute and began playing Christmas carols. She's only been playing a few months but sounds like she has played for much longer. After a few minutes, my stepdaughter joins in on the piano and my stepson on the drums. Of course, the kids couldn't possibly wait until after dinner to open gifts, so we exchanged gifts shortly after arriving. My sister's band, The Lizardz, recorded a Christmas CD that she handed out to everyone. My stepmom made 2006 calendars using photos taken near their northwoods home on the lake, including shots from various family visits. I love getting personalized gifts, so this Christmas was especially nice.

This weekend was a little rougher - my son became ill on Friday which continued into the night. My husband and I were up until 3:30 am washing bedding and I had to sing at two church services the next day. I made some quick changes to the dinner I was planning and was able to pull off a pretty decent meal in the slow cooker rather than getting up early too cook. My mom and stepdad came to visit and we had a very nice Christmas Eve. One of my favorite things about holiday church services is that our friends' daughter comes home from school, where she is studying music, and sings for us. She is probably the best singer I personally know and I could listen to her for hours.

Sunday was spent at my sister-in-law's house and she outdid herself as always with gorgeous decorations and an incredible spread. Unfortunately, the kids hit their limits for the weekend and started complaining of tummy aches and lack of sleep, so we headed home.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of one last gift that is on backorder. My husband ordered me a mixing board and wants to setup a little recording studio, because "you'd better start doing something with your talent" as he says. In some form of encouragement, I think, he made his point by sending me a link to my favorite Christmas carol with just a note saying, "Your competition." Allow me to share it with you all... be sure to listen all the way to the end as it just gets better with each verse.

But while I wait for my new toy to arrive, I'll keep on playing my newest addiction, Sudoku. If you're looking for a challenging little game that is easy to learn, give it a try!

Happy holidays everyone and my you have a wonderful 2006!

1 Comments:

Blogger New Day said...

I'm halfway through your favorite Christmas Carol...oh, dear...I don't think I can do it (my ears hurt and I'm cringing)...can I shut it off now?

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home