Tuesday, November 22, 2005

More confessions

OK, so wiblondie came over tonight with her camera and we sang karaoke and generally goofed off. Then, she told me I had to post a confessions list on my blog because she did. I know, it makes no sense, but since she now has incriminating photos of me, I figure I'd better do what she says. So, here is my version of her list:

X next to "yes/always", an O next to "sometimes/usually". My personal commentary is in parenthesis.

[ ] I'm afraid of the quiet.

[x] I am really ticklish. (And it's not funny)

[o] I'm afraid of the dark. (I've gotten better in recent years, but I still hate being home alone overnight)

[ ] I'm afraid of facing my back to open doors at night.

[ ] I believe in true love. (Not that I'm a cold-hearted you-know-what, I just don't really buy into the whole soul mate thing. I believe there are several potential partners that a given person could love and be happy with.)

[ ] I've run away from home.

[ ] I listen to political music.

[ ] I collect comic books.

[x] I shut others out when I'm sad. (Wasn't sure so I asked my husband and said I pretty much disappear from everybody)

[x] I open up to others easily. (Too easily sometimes, I'm too trusting)

[o] I keep secrets from the world. (Maybe one or two)

[ ] I watch the news. (I rarely watch TV)

[ ] I own over 5 rap CDs.

[ ] I own something from Hot Topic.

[o] I love Disney movies. (Yeah, a few)

[ ] I am a sucker for green eyes.

[ ] I don't kill bugs.

[o] I curse regularly.

[ ] I have (had) "x"s in my screen name.

[ ] I've slipped out a "lol" in a real conversation.

[ ] I love Spam.

[o] I bake well. (I do more cooking than baking, but I do make a lot of homemade breads since store bought versions are so high in sodium.)

[ ] I have worn pajamas to class. (Leotards, but not pajamas)

[ ] I have owned something from Abercrombie. (Although I was once offered the chance to have an IT guy from Abercrombie)

[x] I have a job. (Getting one that pays is a recent development...)

[ ] I love Dr. Phil (I've never actually seen him)

[x] I like someone. (I like most people I meet)

[ ] I am guilty of tYpInG lIkE tHiS.

[o] I am self-conscious. (Depending on the subject matter, yes.)

[x] I love to laugh.

[x] I have tried alcohol- just a little sip though. (I've tried sips of Grappa, Limoncello, Rice liqueur, Calvados and several others that I couldn't finish. The first time I drank enough to wake up with a headache was my 10 year high school reunion.)

[ ] I drink alcohol on a regular basis.

[x] I have tried a cigarette. (I'm a non-smoking smoker. I've probably smoked 15 cigarettes my whole life but never picked it up as a regular habit because I knew I'd enjoy it)

[ ] I have smoked a pack in one day.

[ ] I loved Lord of the Flies.

[ ] I have cough drops when I'm not sick.

[ ] I can't swallow pills. (I typically swallow 7-8 at a time)

[x] I have some scars. (And some stretch marks, too)

[x] I've been out of this country. (Lost my purse in Scotland, almost lost my purse in Italy, had my underwear stolen out of my bag between Milan and Amsterdam, unknowingly spend $280 on a single undergarment in Denmark when replacing what was stolen, was offered a significant raise if I agreed to wear thigh high stockings in France)

[ ] I can't sleep if there is a spider in the room.

[x] I love chocolate.

[ ] I bite my nails. (But I sometimes trim my left hand nails shorter than my right hand to play the cello)

[o] I am comfortable with being me. (Eh, it's OK)

[x] I play computer games when I'm bored.

[x] Gotten lost in a city. (I've gotten lost in most cities I've been too, I'm quite a pro at it)

[x] Seen a shooting star.

[o] Had a serious surgery. (Assuming LASIK and wisdom tooth removal aren't considered "serious". Had a vein catheter inserted in femoral artery which is considered a risky procedure.)

[ ] Gone out in public in your pajamas. (Pajamas are a fairly recent addition to my wardrobe since the kids have gotten older)

[ ] Have kissed a stranger.

[x] Hugged a stranger. (Probably... not really sure.)

[ ] Been in a bloody fist fight with someone of the same sex.

[ ] Been in a fist fight. (Was close once, but it ended after some hair pulling and scratching)

[ ] Been arrested.

[ ] Laughed and had some type of beverage come out of your nose.

[ ] Pushed all the buttons on an elevator.

[x] Made out in an elevator. (My ex thought it was funny - it was more a joke than serious "making out")

[x] Swore at your parents (Probably... or at least swore in their presence)

[x] Kicked a guy where it hurts. (Not since grade school, but he had it coming)

[ ] Been skydiving.

[ ] Been bungee jumping.

[ ] Been white water rafting.

[x] Gotten stitches (child birth...)

[ ] Drank a whole gallon of milk in one hour.

[0] Bitten someone-playfully! (Bit my son just the other day... playfully, of course)

[x] Been to Niagara Falls. (I was 8 or so, don't remember it much)

[x] Gotten the chicken pox (Kindergarten, I got four spots, that was it)

[o] Crashed into a car. (And had a car crash into me. Other driver's fault in all cases.)

[x] Been to Japan. (Went to a karaoke bar in Japan!)

[x] Ridden in a taxi.

[x] Shoplifted. (KMart - I must've been in grade school - I was walking around with a roll of film that I intended to buy when my sister came in to get me. I totally forgot I had it in my hand and walked out of the store with it. My sister talked me into keeping it as I was scared to death of what would happen if I "turned myself in".)

[x] Been fired. (RIF'ed, more specifically. Directly and indirectly involved in several other firings, so I guess what comes around goes around).

[o] Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back. (Do feelings of hatred count?)

[x] Stole something from your job. (Never without someone's under the table permission to take something home)

[o] Gone on a blind date. (Once. Had another friend come pick me up half way through...)

[o] Had a crush on a teacher/coach. (College professor)

[ ] Celebrated Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

[x] Been to Europe. (England, Scotland, The Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, France, Italy)

[x] Slept with a co-worker. (Then married him and had his baby)

[x] Been married.

[x] Gotten divorced.

[x] Saw someone/something dying. (Just a goldfish)

[ ] Saved someone/something dying.

[x] Driven over 400 miles in one day.

[x] Been to Canada.

[x] Been on a plane.

[x] Seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

[ ] Thrown up in a bar. (Only threw up after drinking once and I was in my 30's - had 2-3 glasses of wine while taking medication that you weren't supposed to consume alcohol on.)

[x] Eaten Sushi. (I could take it or leave it, but it beats duck tongue)

[ ] Been snowboarding.

[x] Been skiing.

[x] Been ice skating.

[ ] Cried in public

[ ] Walked purposely into traffic with your eyes closed.

[x] Liked someone even though you knew you shouldn't have.

[ ] Wanted to have a 3some

[ ] Had a 3some

[x] Tried Smoking Pot (was going to plead the fifth since my parents read this, but heck, so have they)

[x] Play an instrument (piano, viola, cello, and vocal chords :-))

[x] Seen a large theatrical production

[0] Like going to bookstores

[ ] I am embarrassed buying condoms. (Only bought one box in my entire life and they were purchased with the intention of blowing them up to decorate for a party. Had to ask the store clerk which kind were the best to get for blowing...)

[x] Downloaded music off the internet. (Some legally, others....maybe not)

There you have it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home