Monday, February 06, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me


Happy Birthday to me,
I'm home all alone,
Our yard is covered with garbage....
And it's freezing outside.

I actually have a recording of my five year old singing happy birthday to someone else, so I'll just listen to that and pretend I'm my sister.

Yes, pathetic, isn't it? It is 20 degrees Fahrenheit outside with a windchill of at least 10 degrees less, completely dark, and my garbage can is half way down a snow covered and heavily wooded hill. See this?


Those lines represent a fourty foot, ice covered drop. That red dot is about the location of my garbage can. I'm going to stay pleasantly snuggled under my blanket on the couch until my husband returns home in a few days. After all, the trees will hold it... it won't go anywhere, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna Vera said...

Good point! Protected wildlife habitat invaded by post-Super Bowl garbage. Not a good combination! Although, I don't have confirmation of whether it blew in there before or after the garbage company emptied it.... I do know, however, that I don't have the proper equipment to descend that cliff on a search and rescue mission.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home