Friday, October 21, 2005

What is home?

Yesterday we officially put our convertible up for sale. I couldn't talk my husband into selling the minivan (I swore I'd never drive one but caved when the oldest child outgrew me). We did agree that the house would be the last thing to go. We live in the sticks, but it is a location that would be very difficult to duplicate in the future. My husband wanted to buy a chunk of rolling wooded land to build a house on. I wanted to be in a neighborhood for the children. We settled on 1.3 acres at the end of a cul de sac surrounded by neighborhood green space on two sides, giving us the privacy of about 5 acres.

Our back yard is an isolated natural reserve area (protected woodlands, wildlife habitat and steep slopes) and from the entrance of our neighborhood you can see the silhouette of Holy Hill off in the distance. Now, I'm not Catholic, but it really is a sight to behold. So, rather than going on about anything specific tonight, I'm just going to share some of the best pictures on the web of Holy Hill (links will open in a new window).

Thank you to the artists who shared these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home