Thursday, August 24, 2006

Desperately Seeking Happiness

Just a quick lesson for all you people out there searching for happiness... As my mother always says, "You are responsible for your own life." What does that mean? It means that the decisions you make result in your happiness or lack thereof. People can do good or bad things to you, but YOU have ultimate control over how you react to them.

If you want to see what real happiness looks like, go check out WIBlondie. She and her MSO are ridiculously happy. I mean, I have never seen her so happy. And from what I am told, according to his friends and family, her MSO has never been so happy either. Is it because they are just so lucky?

Prior to her current MSO, WIBlondie dated nGIB. She was pretty darn happy then, too. nGIB was a nice guy, but ultimately things did not work out as they had hoped and so they parted ways. A pretty good reason not to be happy. nGIB, WIBlondie and her MSO have all had other relationships end, I am sure, but the way each involved party reacted to that change is what resulted in their ultimate happiness.

So here is a pop quiz, which of the following reactions is the best choice to guarantee happiness:

a) Move on, find someone that you can be ridiculously happy with and take off for a wedding in paradise
b) Spend your days, nights, and early morning hours searching the internet for any references to you and your ex or your ex and their ex just in case someone might have said something to give you a glimmer of hope
c) Use the internet connection at your place of employment to send nasty, scathing "anonymous" messages to the new recipient of your former lovers desire.

Hmmmm.... new home, new life, new family OR closet stalker. You choose....

Congratulations WiBlondie and your MSO! You make a terrific pair and deserve the best!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mommunist said...

Lovinlife - thanks for the comment. Feel free to email me at wiblondie@wi.rr.com :)

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna Vera, you sound like such a good friend to wiblondie. Did you have a wonderful time in Hawaii? I hope the wedding was lovely. Please give her my best. I wanted to be friends with her because she reminds me so much of my daughter that I lost just as she was planning her wedding and I missed all that. It sounds like something happened on her blog because suddenly you couldn't leave a message. What happened, or is it my business? I will try to write to her on her email and hopefully she will answer me, but if she doesn't, please give her my best. Take care. By the way, I'm lovinlife, but I can't remember my password. Thanks.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna Vera, this is lovinlife, and I still can't remember my pass word. Please congratulate WIB for me. Her wedding sounds perfect. My husband won't let me e-mail her because of the loss of our daughter at her wedding and he is so worried about the pain it sometimes causes me, but I am happy for her. I wanted so much to be a little part of the wedding, to hear all the little details that I missed with my daughter. Yes, it's painful, but it's also healing in a way. I would love to see some photos. I'm very happy for them. Darn, I wish I could remember my password. Of course I can't write her now anyway. What happened to that? As her good friend, I hope you will pass this along to her for me. You know, I don't even know her name. I love her dogs though, I had a Bichon, and I loved that dog with all my heart. I lost her shortly after losing my daughter. I thought I would die from all the pain. Now I see hope and happiness, and I am thrilled for them. You take care too. Please let me know that you got this. Thanks ~ lovinlife

4:29 AM  
Blogger Mommunist said...

Lovinlife, If you're ok with it, leave your email address posted here - and I'll send you a couple pics and tell you about it... you don't have to respond, and therefore won't go against your husband's request. :)

WB

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home