Saturday, July 29, 2006

Tech Support Call

Hello, technical support? I need your help. I'm having problems with my Generation 2 DonnaVera. I acquired my first release XY model in May of 2000 and am unsure if it is still covered under warranty. The problem started with the audio. The audio inputs no longer recognize my voice commands. The audio output still works, but it seems to produce audio signals at unexpected and frequently inappropriate times. There doesn't appear to be any mute capabilities on my model, so I attempted to download the latest behavior drivers but I was unable to find a USB port or other compatible connector. I found some type of connector midway down the front of the XY R1 which looked almost the right size for a PS/2 device, but it doesn't quite fit. I do recall a cable being attached there when the XY R1 was first delivered, but the folks who did all the out-of-the-box setup removed and discarded it. A few inches below that is some type of hardware dongle that occasionally leaks fluid and I'm not certain of it's purpose or if the leaking is normal or not. I believe it is permanently attached, although the out-of-the-box setup people did remove the outer covering on the end of it. I thought about bringing the XY R1 back to the store but the original packaging has become rather tattered and somehow it appears to be filled with more packing material than I remember it originally having. I don't believe I would be able to fit the XY R1 back in the original packaging. Any assistance you could provide me, including performance tuning recommendations, patches to improve stability or documentation of helpful command line arguments would be most appreciated. I do recall my husband having similar problems with his XY R1 and XX R2 models when they were still new releases, but those problems seem to have been corrected.

Best regards,
Your Customer

1 Comments:

Blogger Mommunist said...

BWWAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

WB

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home